Iris Memory Care believes that the best way to maintain a resident’s quality of life, to help prevent falls, and to manage potential behavioral issues is to keep residents engaged in stimulating, interesting, and engaging activities! Robust activities and regularly scheduled events engage the mind and stimulate the senses, giving a sense of purpose and daily success. Not only does Iris Memory Care have a full time Life Enrichment Director (Activities Director) on staff, all staff members are equipped with multiple tools to assist their efforts in providing activities based on current research and best practices, including Snoezelen® Therapy.
Iris Memory Care is one of only a few communities in Texas to incorporate Snoezelen® Therapy, a soothing, multisensory experience designed to stimulate the mind, increase awareness, and improve mood and cognition, into the daily routine. Snoezelen is one example of the many ways Iris Memory Care is leading the way in compassionate Memory Care through the use of innovative and effective practices.
Our activities and amenities are inspired by the unique sensory needs of Memory Care residents, providing regular opportunities for your loved one to get moving, get social, and engage in simple tasks that stimulate the mind and elevate mood. Such activities and amenities include:
- Peaceful stroll along the secured walking path
- Rejuvenating trip to the onsite salon
- Pet therapy
- Interactive, stimulating art throughout the community
- Life Stations (handyman & fishing, nurturing, and secretarial)
- Three family-style meals daily
- Regular field trips and outings
- Community events, games, and programming
- Artistic expression and musical enrichment
- Gardening in our courtyard
- Spiritual support and community connections
- Snoezelen® therapy